On 23rd January, 2017, Stainless Steel Council of China Special Steel Enterprises Association released data of crude steel output, imp&exp and apparent consumption of China’s stainless steel.
1. In 2016,crude steel output of stainless steel was 24,937,800mt, increasing by 15.65%, in terms of 3,375,600mt year-on-year, which broke the record. In specific, the 300 series crude steel was 12,691,000mt, increased 1,482,200mt year-on-year, by 13.22%, accounted for 50.89%, and decreased by 1.09%. The 400 series output was 4,845,600mt, increased 876,500mt year-on year, by 22.08%, accounted for 19.43%, ,and increased by 1.02%; the 200 series crude steel output in 2016, including part of substandard production was 7,317,900mt, increased 990,200mt year-on year, by 15.65%,accounting for 29.34%, decreased by 0.01%.
2. The imported stainless steel was estimated at 770,000mt, increased 44,000mt year-on-year, by 6.06%; the exported stainless steel was estimated at 3,880,000mt, increased 464,000mt year-on-year, by 13.58%.
3. The apparent consumption of stainless steel in 2016 was estimated at 18,835,300mt, increased 2,550,600mt year-on-year, by 15.66%.
4. Duplex stainless steel last year broke the record, reached 83,254mt, and increased 26,632mt compared to that of last year, by 47.03%.
5. Degree of self-sufficiency of stainless steel in China has reached 95.91%.